The Krispy Kreme free donut offer is available to customers who complete the talk2krispykreme.com guest satisfaction survey. The survey has been developed to help Krispy Kreme improve on it’s products and services by listening to the opinions of their customers. Have you been to a Krispy Kreme store and made a purchase recently? Do you still have the receipt with a survey invitation?
About Krispy Kreme
Krispy Kreme has been selling delicious donuts and coffee since 1934 when owner, Vernon Rudolph opened the first official “Krispy Kreme Doughnut Company” store in Nashville, TN. Since then, Krispy Kreme has become famous the world over for it’s light and fluffy donuts. Krispy Kreme donuts are sold in freestanding stores as well as service stations, supermarkets and convenience stores. As well as donuts and coffee, Krispy Kreme also sells sundaes, shakes, cones, bagels and oatmeals. Krispy Kreme coupons are available in many advertising publications.
How To Get A Free talk2krispykreme.com Donut
You will need:
1. A receipt from Krispy Kreme.
2. A computer or similar with internet access.
3. A pen or pencil.
1. Go to the survey page at talk2krispykreme.com and enter the 4 digit store number at the top of your receipt.
2. Next, select the date and time of your visit to Krispy Kreme.
3. Answer each of the survey questions rating them on a scale from ‘Highly Satisfied’ to ‘Highly Dissatisfied’.
4. On completion you will be given a validation code. Write this down on your store receipt.
5. Present the receipt to the cashier the next time you go to Krispy Kreme and receive a free donut.
Official survey page: talk2krispykreme.com
Krispy Kreme website: krispykreme.com
Store receipt example image: https://talk2krispykreme.com/Projects/KRI_CSI/images/Receipt_Franchise.png
Customers who elect to take part in the talk2krispykreme.com guest satisfaction survey are able to voice their opinions on how they feel about Krispy Kreme food products as well as the cleanliness of the store, how long it took for them to be served and if they were treated with courtesy by staff.